Saturday, August 11, 2012

Tomorrow = Camp On!

   

It is hard to believe that the summer is nearly over. Tomorrow, I will be heading to Canadensis, PA (Pocono Mtn.) to work at Running Works Cross-Country Camp for 7 days. It is always a fun week and a great prelude to my teams return at the start of preseason for the Crusader Cross-Country season. This week I will be working along side good friends who share the same passion about the sport of running as I do. It makes for a great opportunity to exchange coaching ideas and learn some new things. It will also be nice to ride and run in a new area and get some good climbing.

Training continues to go well leading up to my next race in 15 days. I will be racing a sprint distance (.5 mile swim - 18 mile bike - 3.2 mile run) at the Kestone State Triathlon. This week with staff meetings I missed two swim sessions but was able to get some great running and biking. As much I as hate the swim portion, knowing that I will lack swimming this week I really needed those swim sessions. At least I will have a week to get back in the pool the following week to prep for the race.

New Training Totals
Week
Bike - 6 rides/ 185 miles/ 8.35 hours/ 22.1 mph
Run - 4 runs/ 26 miles/ 3.09 hours/ 7:08 per mile
Swim - 2 swims/ 2 miles/ 1.1 hours
Total - 12 workouts/ 213 miles/ 12.54 hours

Bike - 173 rides/ 5522 miles/ 259.72 hours/ 21.3 mph
Run - 106 runs/ 665.25 miles/ 80.29 hours/ 7:14 per mile
Swim - 69 swims/ 59 miles/ 28.94 hours
Total - 348 workouts/ 6246.25 miles/ 368.95 hours

Keystone State Triathlon
http://www.trimaxendurancesports.com/KeystoneState.html

Hopefully I will be able to find two more races in September to finish off a great comeback season. With each training week and race I am realizing that next year's goals will be big! Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment