Sunday, August 19, 2012

From Camp Off To Camp On In 24 Hours

  

Another great week at RunningWorks Cross-Country Camp is in the books. It was a great week of hanging with good friends and working with inspired high school runners. As always, I come out of the week refreshed and ready for the start of Susquehanna University Cross-Country preseason, which begins today. Each year, I learn many new things at camp to bring back to SU and make the Crusaders a better program. This year both teams will be looking to return to the top of the Landmark Conference! Let the fun begin.....

As expected, my swimming was nonexistent at camp and I will be making up a lot this week to prepare for the triathlon this week. My cycling continues to go very well and I did not miss a beat this week on the bike. I think this week was a breakout moment for my current running status. I ran for 7 straight days and tallied 53.25 miles of running. I also did my first true workout (not counting brick workouts) in probably 5-6 months. Now, I may not average 53 miles every week but now I know I can physically handle it but I am also more motivated to add to my running.

New Training Totals:
Bike - 5 rides/ 155 miles/ 7.52 hours/ 20.6mph
Run - 7 runs/ 53.25 miles/ 6.59 hours/ 7:25 per mile
Swim - N/A
Total - 12 workouts/ 208.25 miles/ 14.11 hours

Bike - 178 rides/ 5677 miles/ 267.24 hours/ 21.2 mph

Run - 113 runs/ 718.5 miles/ 86.88 hours/ 7:15 per mile

Swim - 69 swims/ 59 miles/ 28.94 hours
Total - 360 workouts/ 6454.5 miles/ 383.06 hours

Goals This Week

Bike - 5 rides/ 160-175 miles

Run - 4 runs/ 28-32 miles

Swim - 4 swims/ 3-3.5 miles


If the schedule workouts I will be racing this Sunday at the Keystone State Triathlon - Sprint Distance. Hopefully this week will not be too crazy. I am also hoping to find two more triathlons for September to end the season with 5 races. I am already so pumped for the 2013 race season!

Keystone State Triathlon
http://www.trimaxendurancesports.com/KeystoneState.html

2012 QuakerMan Triathlon
http://www.genesisadventures.com/v4/main.php?left=triathlons&center=quakermantri

Need one more!

TdO ' 12,13, 14????? Who knows when it will happen.








No comments:

Post a Comment