Sunday, November 13, 2011

Transition To 2012 Started



Well, it is pretty much set that there will be no more races for 2011. It is kind of disappointing that I was not able to race as much as I had wanted but I cannot control every stupid car driver out there. I have been having a great year of training on the bike and I am pleasantly surprised how much biking I have been able to accomplish. It is amazing how much better my muscles feel after taking the year off from running. The only issue I have had has been the occasional lower back problems from the accident. I am still seeing the chiropractor twice a week for those issues.

Now, my training focus is on maintenance and keeping the high level of aerobic fitness I was able to build up over the year. I am looking to execute any specific workouts but focus on some easy to moderate aerobic biking and running (yes running). I am making an effort to get back into a little running to keep things fresh and have set a goal more mileage for the month of November. I have also started back on a solid weight training schedule.

New Training Totals
Week - 6 rides/ 196 miles/ 8hours 25 minutes/ 23.3mph
3 runs/ 12miles/ 1hour 25minutes/7:05 per mile
November - 12 rides/ 387miles/ 16hours 38minutes/23.3mph
Year - 322 rides/ 11,280miles/ 524hours 43minutes/ 21.8mph

Goals for this week
4 rides - 130-40 miles - 5-6 hours (NCAA XC National Champions - I will be in Wisconsin for 3 days)
4 runs - 15-20 miles - 1hour 40-45 minutes
2 lifts

Still tempted to get back into triathlons but I am not overly excited about getting back into the pool yet.

TdO 12........setting up to be truly and epic event

No comments:

Post a Comment