Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pancake!



Pancakes......and I am not talking about the food but the running in Oshkosh. Just got back from Oshkosh, WI and the NCAA Division III Cross-Country National Championships. UW-Oshkosh was the host and did a great job with the course. It was a very spectator friendly course. It was also one the flattest course I have seen in my years of coaching at Susquehanna University. Ian polished of a great career with his highest finish at nationals and a new personal best. He finished the 8K course in 25:12 setting and new best by 17 seconds and finishing 94th after finishing 143 in 2010. We did see a lot of bike/running paths but they looked flat and monotonous for miles on miles. There were not even some decent rollers to break things up or even some winding to the trails....just straight and flat as far as the eyes can see....UGH!!

This trip also marked the longest stretch I have had off the bike. I was not on the bike for three days but did get some good quality running. I actually got a bit more running than I thought I was going to get. It made for a very good week of training in this transition phase. With the holiday travel ahead, this coming week can be very similar to this past weekend. This week I managed 4 rides and 6 days running. That is the first time in a while that my days running outnumbered by days biking.

New training totals:
Week -4 rides/ 120 miles/ 5hours 16minutes/ 22.70mph
6 runs/ 29 miles/ 3hours 21minutes/ 7:16 per mile
November - 16 rides/ 507 miles/ 21hours 55minutes/ 23.10
9 runs/ 41 miles/ 4hours 46minutes/ 7:12 per mile
2011 - 326 rides/ 11,400 miles/ 529hours 59minutes/ 21.5mph

Goals this week
4 rides/ 120-130 miles/5-6.5 hours
5 runs/ 30 miles

Looking forward to a nice week of some more running and a little down time from coaching as we have no official practice this week. I still need to get the groups their workouts for the week tomorrow.

TdO '12 - my fitness will be through the roof!!

No comments:

Post a Comment