Sunday, July 10, 2011

Some Major Climbing And The Craziest Tour Start!



About to watch the TdF replay on Versus! What a crazy week on the Tour. I have never seen so many crashes in the early stages like this. Unfortunately the silly crashes are starting to take out some of the GC contenders as well as some well know cycling names. I feel I am with a lot of people when I believe there are just too many riders on these narrow French roads. The organization seriously needs to look at reducing the number of teams in the tour or reduce the number of riders a team can start. As for my Team Lipstrong (my fantasy team) it has been a very strong week. The first full week ends with one of my riders in Yellow (Voeckler) and one in Green (Gilbert). As the tour heads to its first real climbing days later in the week, I look for some big points out of Voeckler, Sanchez and Conego with Gilbert battling for the Green.

The TdF definitely makes one motivated to get out and ride. This week was a very good week with the first four days riding the hills of the Poconos, including my first Category 3 climb with a 600 feet climb in 3 miles. On one of my days in the Poconos, I had my biggest day of climbing with 2993 feet of total climbing. In told this week was my biggest week of climbing with 13326 feet of total climbing in 7 rides. Coming back to Selinsgrove to finish off the week of training made the hills around here feel so easy.

New Totals:
Week - 7 rides/ 289 miles/ 14 hours 49minutes/ 19.50mph/ 13326 feet climbing
July - 10 rides/ 404 miles/ 20hours 24minutes/19.80mph/ 16157 feet of climbing
Year - 194 rides/ 6596 miles/ 309hours 27minutes/ 21.50mph

I know I wanted to race more often this summer but I do have my next race picked. It is scheduled for July 30th.

Kirkwood Road Race - 34KM
http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=11667

I am hoping to find something the week before but for now this is the next one.

This week's goals:
300 miles/ 10,500 feet of climbing

Back to watching the craziness of the tour!!!

TdO '11!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment