Thursday, September 16, 2010

Getting better at this!!!

Can you believe....2 post within 4 days!!!!

Well, to start off the new regional rankings were released and both teams are ranked in the top 10 in the region. The men are ranked 6th and the women are ranked 7th. They we will be competing at the Mountaineer Flatland Invitational at Mansfield University this Saturday. The men race the 8K at 11:00am with the women running a 5K at 11:45am. I will keep you informed of their results.

My training on the bike has been incredible (at least I think for a single speed). I would flip it to fixed but with bum shoulder it is difficult to do certain things. Changing shirts is still quite the project and takes a combined 4-5 minutes because of the pain at times. The shoulder is still pretty sore and limited in range in motion. Sleeping is still so much fun, since I hate sleeping on my back. I have been able to run twice this week but due to the shoulder, my maximum is about a half hour. So goal is to get 5 days this week of about 30-35 minutes and try to get between 20-25 miles this week.

The riding as been getting easier everyday. I have been trying to keep it consistent everyday as I am getting back into it. I have been setting aside anywhere from 90-105 minutes a day for a good ride. The weather has been awesome for riding so it makes it easy to get out there and ride. With some help, I have started the process of looking into a sweet road ride for next spring and summer. The plan is to participate in some killer rides in Colorado next summer after the track season ends. And also cannot forget the big event - Tour de Owens!! You have to love being on a ten month contract and spreading your pay out over the summer. I am also so looking forward to getting back on an indoor trainer for the winter and staring at a TV while riding (if you didn't notice - some sarcasm in that one and I have yet to find the sarcasm font).

I really believe, with everything that I have personally been through in the past year (medically), getting back into cycling has been a blessing. I needed that step back to reevaluate things and get a fresh start on some things.

As I get ready for a ride now, I'll update my riding numbers for the month of September (total of 14 rides)

Last week - 210 miles/ 10hours 30 minutes/ 20.0mph
This week (3 rides) - 93 miles/ 4hours 36 minutes/ 20.1mph
Total for month (14 rides) - 380 miles/ 19hours 2minutes/ 20.0mph
Running (2 runs) - 8.6 miles/ 59minutes 30 seconds/ 6:55 per mile

Goals - 210-225 miles riding/20-25 miles running (as long as shoulder handles it)

Off to ride...Hoping to keep blog more up to date

No comments:

Post a Comment