Sunday, May 17, 2015

Hello, My Old Friend


"But if you’re all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
  We’re going nowhere slowly, but we’re seeing all the sights.
  And we’re definitely going to hell,
  But we’ll have all the best stories to tell."
"The Ballad Of Me And My Friends" - Frank Turner

WOW!!!!! It has been a long time since my last post.

To be honest, it is not like you have actually been sitting there wondering..."Hmmmmm, you know it has been quite a while since Marty has bored us with his training totals or one of his silly pointless rants!!!"

But in case you were wondering that exact thought....Have no worries, I am still alive and ready to bore you with more of my mundane training posts and whimsical rants (if you should even manage to read this blog)!!! 

But a little more focus on this go around will be on the journey! As the lyrics for the song above suggest, to often we become to focused on the destination or the end results of our training that we forget that the journey needs to be enjoyed and the journey is quite often the thing that defines us! 

And if you are wondering.....Yes!!! I still have the ultimate goal of getting back to Kona & competing at the Ironman World Championships! Yes, I am going to be training to win races or place very high & I am not talking about just in my age group. At my age, I must admit, there is no bigger ego boost than kicking the crap out competitors half my age. But I also understand, at my age, I am not going to have sponsors knocking at my door offering me free products and money! And just a hint to most of you out there.....those offers won't be there for you either so you might as well enjoy the journey & learn to not take yourself to seriously sometimes!  (ie. drink a beer, have coffee or a soda, eat a candy bar, stay up late, eat something that is not gluten free, eat something that has fat in it!) 

Pictures of my journey can be seen here or can be followed on my Instagram page: triduath45 (Instagram)

This page will include pictures from my training & life! Please as you go along your journey, remember to stop and smell the coffee burning once in awhile!

Oh yeah.....As you go along your journey, remember, don't take yourself too seriously sometimes.....there are not a lot of people making a living off triathlons! Plus you may also find yourself as a topic of one of my silly rants of why people pick on triathletes too often!(We do bring on the ridicule to ourselves too often)

OK....It is now time for the self-promoting boring training totals as I prepare for my season opening race in two weeks! My official 2015 season began on November 3rd (28 weeks ago).

28 Week Training Totals
Bike - 3888 miles/ 188.93 hours/ 20.57 mph
Run - 644 miles/ 85.76 hours/ 7:59 per mile
Swim - 55 miles/ 26.55 hours
Total - 4587 miles/ 301.24 hours
Per Week - 163.82 miles/ 10.76 hours

Beyond the race in two weeks, I do not have much more of the schedule set but I am still committed to doing an ironman distance race this year...so stay tuned for the announcement!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment