Saturday, March 16, 2013

This Weather Pattern Is Getting Old - Winter Sucks!

  
Last weekend was such a tease.....2 days outside on the bike!!!
This past week returned to the miserable cold, grey and windy days that plagued this area for the majority of the winter. And the when I talk about wind, it has not been a typical wind for this area. We are actually in stretch of about 8-10 days where the winds have been steady at close to 15mph with gust 20+ mph. I don't think I can recall a stretch of wind like this since I have moved to Central PA. Now don't get me wrong, it is not the wind I am complaining as much about as the wind chills that they create. I do not mind riding in 35 degrees but when the wind chills drop it well below 30 degrees I am moving my ass inside. While my training has been good and consistent it does get ass numbing and boring when you are riding 7+ hours inside every week.  I have been outside a total of two times all year and I am beginning to wonder if I will ever ride on asphalt anytime soon. Today, we had yet another gray and snowy day that left a heavy inch of snow on the ground.  
Workouts on the track and in the pool are going well. I completed my second track workout of this training cycle and I am slowly adding workouts to my swimming regimen. I definitely feel leaps and bounds ahead of last year at this time. Even though I have close to 12 weeks till what most likely be my first race of the year, I am feeling very good about my training to date.
New Training Totals:
Week
Bike - 5 rides/ 164 miles/ 7.49 hours/ 21.9 mph/ Avg HR 138
Run - 3 runs/ 21.25 miles/ 2.61 hours/ 7:22 per mile
Swim - 3 swims/ 3 miles/ 1.49 hours
Total - 11 workouts/ 188.25 miles/ 11.59 hours
2013
Bike - 63 rides/ 1862 miles/ 83.32 hours/ 22.3 mph/ Avg HR 138
Run - 36 runs/ 176.25 miles/ 21.59 hours/ 7:21 per mile
Swim - 36 swims/ 34.5 miles/ 16.77 hours
Total - 135 workouts/ 2072.75 miles/ 121.68 hours
Goals This Week
Bike - 5 rides/ 165-175 miles
Run - 3-4 runs/ 22-25 miles
Swim - 3-4 swims/ 3 miles
This week I am looking to lengthen the long run to at least 11 miles and continue to creep towards that 25+ miles per week. I really need to start to find some time to get in the weight room as I know some added strength will go a long way int the pool and on the bike. 
Kona/Vegas 2013!!!
People will often ask what am I on to complete my training? What am I am on? I am on my bike 6-8 hours a week, in the pool 1.5-2 hours a week and on the roads running 2-2.5 hours a week......and of course caffeine,moose tracks and beer for recovery! That's what I am on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment