Sunday, January 27, 2013

Track & Field Filled Weekend

   

A day late on the blog but for a good reason. Earlier this evening I wrapped up a fun filled and crazy (no sarcasm) weekend of track & field. On Friday and Saturday, my teams competed at Bucknell University which was followed up by hosting a high school meet today. There were 650 high school athletes scheduled to compete at the meet. My teams performed incredible over the weekend in the competition and hosting the high school meet. Weekends like this make me realize how lucky I am to coach a great group of young student-athletes.

Despite the crazy weekend, training went very well.I did miss 1 swim and 1 run but the other workouts went according to plan. After 4 weeks of pain free running, I am now ready to add some longer runs to my schedule and hope to go for an hour run sometime this week. Now after 4 weeks and close to 850 total miles, this week will be a bit of reduction in volume. As I increase my run volume I will be taking a bit of biking mileage off the calendar. I have been averaging  over 190 miles the past 4 weeks.

New Training Totals
Week
Bike  - 7 rides/ 199 miles/ 8.95 hours/ 22.2 mph
Run - 3 runs/ 10.5 miles/ 1.27 hours/ 7:16 per mile
Swim - 2 swims/2 miles/ 1.01 hours
Total - 12 workouts/ 211.5 miles/ 11.23 hours

2013
Bike - 26 rides/ 716 miles/ 3230 hours/ 22.2 mph
Run  - 14 runs/ 46.5 miles/ 5.69 hours/ 7:20 per mile
Swim - 11 swims/ 11.5miles/ 5.67 hours
Total - 51 workouts/ 774 miles/ 43.66 hours

Goals This Week
Bike - 6-7 rides/ 155-170 miles
Run -  4 runs/ 18 miles
Swim - 3 swims/ 3 miles

I am also continuing my better eating habits. And before everyone wonders, the ice cream and coffee is still there but I may have reduced a little (very little). Who knows, maybe it work?

https://www.tricolumbia.org/events/?eid=2

And according to the site only 4 months, 1 week and 5 days till I qualify for Kona!

No comments:

Post a Comment