Saturday, October 20, 2012

Racing Clean - Only Way I Know

 



Will we ever believe again that any amazing performance or world record performance is clean? While we all wanted Lance to be clean, probably more for his cause, but then finding George Hincapie was right there with him is the icing on the cake. At least in cycling, who can you trust???? Then Runners World runs an article about a guy who dopes so he can win some money at low key races where he knows no testing will be done. And yesterday I read about a 51 year old age grouper in triathlons was caught for doping. Are we serious? What pisses me off more is the naive people who bash Lance through all of this like their respective sport is clean?? Get with it people, there is doping in every thing, it just sucks that we as fan cannot trust anyone any more......

One thing you can trust (I hope) is that I am doing this clean!  While I know I can be a very good age grouper but I do not see myself needing to dope as no major endorsements will be coming my way. I just have a few simple dreams left to achieve and I am pretty sure I can achieve them with sheer talent and genetics alone. Hopefully, as I work hard to achieve my dreams, along the way some new, proven clean athlete comes along and gives us something to believe in!

Here are my new clean training totals

Week
Bike - 5 rides/ 182 miles/ 8.27 hours/ 22.0 mph
Run - 3 runs/ 20.25 miles/ 2.39 hours/ 7:05 per mile
Swim - 4 swims/ 4 miles/ 1.98 hours
Total - 12 workouts/ 206.25 miles/ 12.64 hours

2012
Bike - 225 rides/ 7148 miles/ 333.82 hours/ 21.4 mph
Run - 147 runs/ 914.75 miles/ 109.68 hours/ 7:11 per mile
Swim - 102 swims/ 89.25 miles/ 43.87 hours
Total - 474 workouts/ 8152 miles/ 487.37 hours

Goals for Week
Bike - 5 rides/ 145-165 miles
Run - 4 runs 24-28 miles
Swim - 4 swims/ 3-4 miles

Say what you will, but as someone who had cancer I will continue to wear my Livestrong Bracelet! Maybe under wrong pretenses his success fueled the groups success but it is still something that needs to live on!The only difference now is I may gain more motivation from my "Lipstrong" bracelet since I know that guy (me) is doing it right.

If you need them I have more "Lipstrong" bracelets available and they are green. I joking made them in reference to my skin cancer (squamous cell carcinoma) in my lip the resulted in having 3/4 of my bottom lip removed.

Ready for 2013 race season! Kona or bust!

No comments:

Post a Comment