Saturday, July 28, 2012

Race Time!

 

Normal week of training = Time to race again!

With a solid week of swimming, biking and running, it is now time to get everything ready to race again. It is not looking good Ironman 70.3 Boulder, so I better find something locally or somewhat local. Right now I am looking at two options for a possible race. The first option is the Wilkes Barre Olympic Distance or the Brigantine Sprint Triathlon. Both races are next Saturday but even though it requires more traveling I am leaning towards Brigantine as it was one of first ever races I competed when I started triathlons. The distances for Brigantine are 1/4 mile swim, 11  mile bike (pancake) and 4 mile run. In all, it is a race that will take 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes. I will make my decision on which race by Monday. After this race my next race will be 3 weeks after this one. I still have rime to get 3-5 more races before the end of the season.

As for training, it felt great to get back in the pool, even as much as it is my least favorite of three disciplines. After missing one week in pool, times came back quickly. I also added a bit of faster intervals to kick start my speed. The bike and run continue to remain strong but I could benefit from so more miles on the run. I think in the very near future I will need to add some speed work on the run.

New Training Totals
Week
Bike - 5 rides/ 180 miles/ 8.75 hours/ 20.6 mph/ 4741 feet of climbing
Run - 4 runs/ 26 miles/ 3.17 hours/ 7:19 per mile
Swim - 4 swims/ 4 miles/ 1.95 hours
Total - 13 workouts/ 210 miles/ 13.87 hours

2012
Bike - 162 rides/ 5186 miles/ 244.45 hours/ 21.2 hours
Run - 98 runs/ 616 miles/ 74.40 hours/ 7:14 per mile
Swim - 63 swims/ 54 miles/ 26.25 hours
Total - 323 workouts/ 5856 miles/ 345.10 hours

Brigantine Triathlon
http://brigantinenow.com/2012-brigantine-triathlon-details/

Wilkes Barre Triathlon
http://www.wilkesbarretriathlon.com/

Which one will it be?

TdO ' 12!

More race reports soon to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment