Monday, April 16, 2012

Dare I Ask......What Next??????

  

Well, here it is the newest blog just a few days late. I am sorry for the delay but once again the eye decided it did not like cooperating and the shunt the doctors put in two weeks ago failed. The past two weeks have been all over the place with the eye. It has gone from times where I thought the eye was fixed to points where I had headaches that were more painful than getting hit by the car during the bike race last year. This weekend got so bad that it almost came down to the decision to remove the eye. This week the doctors tries a retrobullar alcohol injection and some laser surgery to help fix the eye. Let's see if I can get past 7 days without any issues. It sure would be nice to get back to some normal sleep and training.

Prior to the headaches returning Saturday I was able to get a solid week of training. I was able to get on the bike 6 days and run 4 days. I am still out of the pool and now guessing out of it for another week or two. Who knows how long this latest episode will hold me from getting back into full triathlon mode but I am starting to worry about the Ironman 70.3 on August 5th. Something has to eventually go my way.......right???

Training Totals
Week
Bike - 6 rides/ 163 miles/ 7.34 hours/ 22.2 mph
Run - 4 runs/ 18 miles/ 2.18 hours/ 7:15 per mile

2012
Bike - 85 rides/ 2647 miles/ 123.37 hours/ 21.5mph
Run - 50 runs/ 291.25 miles/ 35.01 hours/ 7:12 per mile
Swim - 28 swims/ 24.75 miles/ 11.32 hours
Total - 163 workouts/ 2963 miles/ 169.7 hours

This week I am not sure what I will be getting so I will set some low goals and hopefully I will be able to hit at least them. I know for sure that swimming won't be happening for the third straight week.  Here goes:

Bike - 5 days/ 125-150 miles/ 5.5-7 hours
Run - 3 days/ 15-18 miles/ 1.75-2 hours
No headaches! Back in the pool next week!

TdO '12.....Might be able to at least salvage that!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment